STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our Guiding Principles are the characteristics the Lord looks for in His church as defined in His Word:
To be a Christian fellowship that has loving concern for one another and for the lost and to be faithful to the Word of God.
To be a place where "His flock" is fed directly from the Scripture and the people are coming into a knowledge of God and into an intimate relationship with the Lord by being born again by the Spirit of God and being taught how to walk in the Spirit and how to walk in love with Jesus, the Lord of their lives.
At Calvary Chapel we believe in all the fundamental doctrines of the evangelical Protestant church.
- We believe that God is eternally existent in three separate persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that God the father is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the Cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of God the father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. After He ascended to Heaven, Jesus poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
- We believe that all people are by nature separated from God and are responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness of sin are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his or her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
- We believe in the proper Scriptural exercise of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Bible, the greatest gift of all being God's love.
- We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments is the inspired, infallible Word of God.
- We seek to teach the Word of God in such a way that its message can be applied to an individual's life, leading that person to greater maturity in Christ.